Friday, January 23, 2009

Wedding

Erin has always known how to make me cry, and today was no different. For my 48th birthday, she got married. I knew I was going to cry, I just didn't realize how much. After she had her first dance with her new husband, she had her dance with her father. I bawled the entire dance. Having said that, it was a very nice wedding, and I am very happy for her. I just hate losing my babies.

As I said on my Facebook "25 List", family makes me cry. Erin made a photo collage for me one year for Christmas, and I cried when I got it. I can't watch "Father of the Bride" without crying, and haven't been able to since it first came out. The first summer after my divorce, when the kids went to spend the summer with their mother, people asked me if I was going to miss the kids. I replied "no." I then explained that I knew that they were coming back in a short time. When they finally went off to college, or got married, THEN I would miss them. And I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish the kids and I could have been there...not looking forward to that dance with my little Nene bird :( I'm crying now following my read of this brief, simple, yet emotionally overwhelming post. I love you and your family. I'll always be D3 thanks to the Long family :D