Monday, January 26, 2009

Nostalgia

I left Virginia/DC on Sunday morning and flew back to Metlakatla. My flight was at 8:00 A.M., so I had to leave Josiah's at 5:00 A.M. to get the rental car back. Coming in on I-66 was quite the nostalgia trip. Given that I was already in a "mood" from Erin's wedding, seeing the old sites, even in the dark of early morning, could have been a tear-jerker had I let it. Seeing the exit for Tyson's Corner, Roslyn, Key Bridge, etc. I had to get gas, so I made sure to get off on Rte 7 to see the old neighborhood of Idylwood Rd and Pimmit Dr. Granted, I was there at 5:30 on a Sunday morning, so the traffic was non-existant (I always said my two big complaints about DC are the hot, humid summers, and too many people), but I need to get my four younger kids back there to see the sights.

No comments: