Sunday, May 3, 2009

Gordon Ramsay & Hell's Kitchen

Speaking of Hell's Kitchen, one of my newest "Must See TV" programs is anything with Gordon Ramsay - "Hell's Kitchen", "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares", etc. I love this guy. I've heard people comment that they can't stand him because he's so rude, but if you really watch him, you realize that he's a "tough love" type of guy. He doesn't act that way just to be a moron. He does it because he cares and wants everyone to be the best they can. I especially see this in "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares."

As I explained to Cara (for those who haven't seen that series), he goes to individual restaurants that are about to close, spends a week with them, and helps them turn things around. I explained that I had actually lived through a similar event when I ran my own dental office.

In 2001, I had my own dental office in Westminster, CO. I was going bankrupt. Cara convinced me to sign up for a year-long practice management course in Scottsdale AZ. That course turned my life around. It taught me how to run a business, and it taught me that I didn't want to be in private practice. During that course, I had my own little "Gordon Ramsay" moment when the program director had a personal meeting with me and said that if I didn't do EVERYTHING that was laid out in the course, I was OUT of the course. Needless to say, I was more than a little shocked at the encounter. However, it had the desired results, and I was able to turn the office around. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it.

For that reason, I love watching Gordon Ramsay.

2 comments:

Life In a Blended Family said...

and his wife!!

Amazing Bible Timeline said...

His dad is in our branch. He's supposed to come sometime this summer for a visit.