Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blogging

I find that the problem I have with blogs is that I feel that I am, for the most part, a boring person. I'm not the fancy five-star restaurant like Wolfgang Puck or Hell's Kitchen. I'm more the corner diner, greasy spoon - always there, but nothing to write home about. My personal journals were always fact filled with little emotion. Here, however, facts tend to be boring unless accompanied by some sort of emotion. I would prefer to write a technical article any day over a personal monologue.

Having said that, I do realize that I need to write more often, especially since this is taking the place of my journal. So what's it like in Metlakatla? I thoroughly enjoy it here, but do little. I wake up in the morning, go to work, come home, play on the computer or watch TV and go to bed. Very monotonous. As much as I like the peace and quiet, I'm excited for the family to finally get up here so I actually have something to do. I think if we can make the other building into an office/TV room ( my "Fortress of Solitude"), I'll be able to have enough peace that I don't get too grumpy.

Last week we had the local Health Fair. It was a good chance for me to get out and meet the people of the town. We had over 500 participants, which was a record for them. I personally did 80 oral screenings. The funnest of those were the little Head Start kids. They're so cute! They all line up like little ducklings and didn't cause any problems.

1 comment:

Life In a Blended Family said...

Hey this sounds like a good time to write a chapter a day on your book!!