Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Aruba, Jamaica, ooh, I wanna take ya..."


OK, so other than it's a little warmer and more humid than I prefer, Jamaica is pretty darn fun! After two grueling days of travel, Cara, Rachel and I got here Sunday night (OK, Sunday was spent shopping in Miami, so it wasn't totally grueling, but it sure was long). As soon as we got here, Cara and Rachel were skinny dipping in the ocean (at midnight). I, as expected, was in bed.
In Miami Airport

Monday was spent playing on the beach and getting used to the area. Yes, they even got me in the water willingly. And yes, I had fun.

Rachel and Dan on a water trike

Tuesday morning, Cara and Rachel took Scuba lessons. I had to wait on my physical verification before I could go, so I relaxed (in my room). However, Tuesday afternoon, Rachel and I went on a tour of the jungle canopy, via zip line. Oh yeah, way cool. We were rained on, the humidity was probably 100%, and we were sweating, so I couldn't tell what had made me wetter.

Cue the "Indiana Jones" theme music


Rachel and Dan

Today, I was able to take my scuba lesson, then Cara, Rachel and I went on our first dive. Totally awesome. For those of you who are experienced scuba divers, you know what I mean. Cara tried to freak out when she first went in, but the instructor told her what she was doing wrong, and made her go right back under. She did fine. I did fine until I got back on the boat and ralphed all over. I'm blaming it on motion sickness, but I was fine in the water.

This afternoon, we went shopping, then went to Rick's Cafe in Negril, where Rachel went cliff diving off a 35 foot cliff. Then one of the locals climbed to the top of a tree and made that dive from 60 feet. Freaky.

To see Rachel's dive, click here 


The other guy's dive

Tomorrow, we do our second dive, then Friday we head back to reality.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Dude...The Beach Boys reference was an awesome touch! I better get to work on Indy...I'll try my best to remember we never see him scuba diving ;Op